Friday, July 4, 2014

If my ex and I come up to an agreement on custody will the judge just make change?

Q: If my ex is agreeing to let my 13 year old son come live with me will they change custody on the first day of court ? And will my son still have to talk to a law guardian.

A: It's extremely likely that the Judge would approve whatever change you're agreeing to in terms of the change of custody. While possible, I see it as unlikely the Judge would assign an Attorney to represent the child, unless relatively recently the case had been in court.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment