Saturday, July 19, 2014

What can i do if i suspect the father of my son is making him hate me?

Q:  me and the father have joint custody i live in FL and the father and child lives in NY. we have a joint custody order in place and he has physical residence of our son due to the fact i moved without going to court. ever since i have not been able to contact the father only his GF. and when i do talk to our son he 3 years old and he says he hates me and dont want to talk to me i hear them whispering and my son also whispers back, the father also does drugs but the court did not test him? i dont know where they live they lied to the judge. is there anything i can do hes going against the order??

A:  David's Answer:  It seems like the father is violating the joint custody order. Thus, you're well advised to set him up good. Keep a careful paper-trail by writing him e-mails or letters documenting each & every alleged violation. Document the prior instances as outlined in this posting with the approximate dates they occurred. If the situation isn't rectified - and soon - you should strongly consider filing a violation/modification petition. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in the area where the father resides. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment