Friday, July 4, 2014

Child Support and medical bills

Q: My ex just presented me with the medical co-pay bills for our daughter. The bills date back to 2013. If she had presented the payments to me as each month, it would have been more manageable. Is there a time frame she should be presenting these to me? Should I petition in court for this change? The bill is nearly $2000 total over the last year. For the first half of the year, I didn't even know y daughter was getting out patient treatment.

A: You should write your ex & ask that she provide the bills on a monthly or bimonthly basis. And yes, if she doesn't agree to do so, you can file a modification petition asking that such provision be worked into the order (though some Magistrates may find that to be "micro-managing").  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment