Saturday, July 19, 2014

How do I get a no contact order of protection changed if I never wanted it in the 1st place.

Q:  The original order was filed in march 2013. I asked for a non offensive order and a no contact was put in place instead. The local judge is upset with me and my husband so in Feb 2014 extended the no contact order until 2017. I don't want this how do I change it. I am not in fear for my life and would like to make my marriage work . What rights do I have?

A:  David's Answer:  This depends on what court you're in - family court or criminal court. If you're in criminal court, it's not technically your order (though it's in your favor), so you're constrained to merely making a request to the DA. If you're in family court, then it is your order, and you should be able to change it. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment