Friday, July 4, 2014

Grounds for emancipation or change of guardian

Q: My aunt (Guardian)was drunk the other night and the cops were called. we live in a bad area of town(shootings everywhere) and she is a heavy smoker and i dont want to be around any of that as i grew up with that traumatic experiences. I have another adult who would love to have me and support me. is this grounds for emancipation or at least will i be able to get a different guardianship.

A: Assuming you're under 18, the "other adult" would need to file for custody or guardianship of you. Have that "other adult" call a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment