Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What are the chances of a grandmother getting visitation rights to visit grandchildren in NYS.

Q:  I have not seen my grandchildren since last year of June. There was a argument between my son, and the mother of my grandchildren concerning her boyfriend being disrespectful to me, and the argument became very heated to the point I had to call 911, the conversation took place over the telephone between my son and her boyfriend. My son called CPS , apparently there was also some allegations against her boyfriend involving her oldest daughter ,that isn't my sons biological child, it was after all this she stop bringing my children around, and would not answer my calls when i called to speak to my grandchildren.

A:  David's Answer:  You can certainly petition for visitation. How likely you would be to get an order depends on an assessment of many factors, such as the extent of your prior relationship with the children, their ages & preferences (if old enough) & whether you were at fault in the breakdown of the relationship. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment