Monday, July 14, 2014

In New York State what happens if the CSU takes more then what you actually owe?My ex lied when she went to the CSU

Q: She told them I owed 523 more then I actually did. now i have it all worked out. I even went to court and got my current order lowered a little bit effective as of a week ago. But CSU is telling me its going to take a month for my adjustment of support amount. Is that true? and what happens if they take more then I owe? Will they give it back? because by the looks of it they are going to take more then i owe for sure for at least 2-4 weeks.

A: I cannot understand why it takes a month to adjust your account, unless that's their backlog. And if they take the money & distribute it to her, then you cannot get a refund - you can only seek a credit from the Magistrate against future add-on expenses.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment