Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Aunt has guardianship of my daughter, Do I need to petition the court for my daughter to reside with me if my sister agrees?

Q:  There is a child support order and a full restraining order against my daughter's father.

A:  David's Answer:  Yes - the only way to change a court order is to file a modification petition. The petition will still need to be served on both the aunt & the father. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment