Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Am I eligible to any money from my husband for completely abandoning me ,forced to live on the streets for almost 4 years now???

Q:  We were legally married in 2004 by a  judge. I haven't been able to find him. When I went to his last known residence, his sister said he didn't live there anymore and tried to have me arrested for trespassing and harassment.

Additional information
The e mail address I submitted was wrong. I didn't know the caps lock was on.

A:  David's Answer:  You'd need to file for divorce & include a claim for maintenance (i.e., alimony). You'd ultimately need to serve him with the divorce summons, so you may need to hire a private investigator to track him down. Whether you would qualify for maintenance depends on a number of factors - particularly the disparity of income & whether your husband makes more than enough to both support his basic needs as well as contribute towards yours. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment