Friday, July 4, 2014

What can I do if I feel like cps is harassing me?

Q: First let me start off by saying I have been sick to my stomach for a month now because of CPS. Long story short I left my daughters father and with out thinking he called acs he even tried to take t back but as we know you can't do that . I went out of fear and got an op on him because I felt that was harassment . Everything was fine until I mentioned to my case worker I wanted to drop the op. She ht me with domestic violence and has been threatening me to go to counseling . Can I get my own counselor . And can I reduce the op to a limited op?

A: If you didn't allege a history of physical domestic violence, then I don't see the utility in CPS' suggestion. If they haven't filed a neglect proceeding against you, then the caseworker is likely bluffing & you should kindly tell her you don't feel you need counseling. Whether you reduce the OP or not takes an assessment of those allegations. Before you make any moves, you're well-advised to consult a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment