If both parents agree, then there seems no legal reason why you can't do it. That said, the practical result may be that if the child adamantly objects, he may runaway - which then may create more problems than the one you're trying to solve. It may be advisable to sit down with a Family Law attorney before taking any action.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)