Monday, July 14, 2014

Step parent adoption

Q: My daughters bio dad lives in virgina and we live here in New York and are starting the step parent adoption can her dad just put it in writing that he gives consent and have it notaries and mail it to me ??? Because he won't make the trip up here.

A: He can execute an extrajudicial surrender, but because there's a proper process associated with same, I wouldn't advise to handle the adoption case without retaining a lawyer - or at least formally consulting one.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment