Friday, July 4, 2014

I am planing on moving back to my home country in Europe

Q: My daughter is 19 months old and saw his father for the first time this january. he never want to see her until i filed for child support. As a right now there in no visitations/custody order from the court we only have child support agreement signed. My ex boyfriend has visitation every saturday 2 hours and we agreed also on one week day but he is visiting only on saturdays. since i am not american citizen i am planing to move back to my home country with my daughter of course with court permission. My question is will my ex boyfriend still pay child support if we move?

A: The father should continue paying the child support, as the child is over the age of majority for visitation purposes. That said, the father MAY file a petition saying that he's been deprived of a relationship without justification with the child & thereby the child's been emancipated. If he does, you may need to litigate that issue.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment