Saturday, July 12, 2014

I need to know if i can file a restraining order on my ex-girlfriends husband, because i believe he is mentally abusing my son?

Q:  Its not the first time this has happened and he has already been arrested in the past due to physical and mental abuse towards my sons mother and i don't want my son in the same situation she is in.

A:  David's Answer:  Usually "mental abuse" is not grounds for calling CPS, so before you do so, I'd highly advise to sit down with an attorney first. There is potential for blow-back if you file a false report. You should strive to communicate your concerns to your ex and then possibly consider filing a modification petition. Call a Family Law attorney in your area for a consult.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment