Saturday, July 12, 2014

I want to move in with my fiance but i am very concerned?

Q:  i am 18 years old and my fiance is 33. My grandfather is convinced that he can do something legally to my fiance. I want to move out as soon as possible because i can not stand the constant drama with it. He says he has notes that i wrote because he went through my belongings when i was 17 and i have found them but i dont know if he has made any copies. There are no names or dates in these notes. He is also putting a gps on my car and looks and calculates my milege. When i was 16/17 there was a CPS case opened and closed because there was zero information found because nothing was going on. I am concerned because i want to move out very badly but i have a feeling that my grandfather is up to something.

A:  David's Answer:   The age of consent for sexual relations is 17 in NY. At 18, you can move you, but with the possible consequence that you'll forfeit financial support. Call a Family Law attorney in your area for more info.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment