Monday, July 14, 2014

How do I have my children placed in foster care?

Q: I can't handle being a single Mom anymore and their father is incarcerated. We have joint custody. They are 14 & 16 years of age.

A: You may contact your local DSS and discuss doing a voluntary placement. I'd advise to check with relatives to see if any can take the kids temporarily, as once you do a voluntary placement, it may be hard to get them out of foster care after they've been in for more than a few months.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment