Friday, July 4, 2014

Need advice now - got CPS abusing me and my son

Q: i have full custody and cps is coming here 5 times already and states theres a coi along with a complaint of abuse against me. dont i have the right under the law to see what accusations are against me/ im not asking for persons name . and i was told by a friend i had the right to see charges (copy for my records).

A: Yes, absolutely - you have a right to a letter from CPS notifying you of the existence of the report. On that letter will be an address for OCFS where you can obtain a copy of the report. You should immediately send a letter via certified mail, return receipt to them requesting a copy of the report.  -- Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment