Friday, July 4, 2014

My ex enrolled our child in a specialty summer camp instead of the local town camp.

Q: The specialty camp cost $300 more than the town camp! I only found out the day before that he was going to camp even though we are supposed to decide together per the visitation and custody order. Can I fight the difference in court and ask to pay what it would have been if he had gone to the town camp? Our order only states I pay a portion of summer camp.


A: This depends in large part on whether you have joint custody requiring the CP to consult you before making such decisions. If not, then I don't see the cost of the camp as so substantial over-and-above the town camp that a Magistrate will find same to be an unreasonable choice.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment