Monday, July 14, 2014

My son is turning 21 in a few months. about a year ago he stopped returning my calls and stopped returning my calls.

Q: anyway in all the 20 years i never missed a payment. my ex is now bringing me to court for the back pay and right now i just want to pay it i am not interested in any issue but when i go to court can i just bring the cash to show in good faith that i want to pay it so that there is no issue? he stopped returning my texts and emails so a few months back i stopped paying but i just want to pay but my court date is in a few days and she wont take my payment and says she wants to go to court. cant i just pay it.

A: Yes, the Magistrate should just allow you to pay the arrears in court. The Court is unlikely to impose any other penalty so long as any alleged arrears are paid in full.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment