Saturday, July 12, 2014

Adoption overturn question

Q:  If a judicial consent form with signed by the biological father and his child was adopted 5 years ago, how can he contest now? All paperwork was filed through an attorney and the adoption was processed in westchester county family court. Should I be worried if he's fighting it now? My daughter is 14 now, doesn't she have a say in this? I am in search of the best lawyer possible/familiar with these types of cases to work with. Please advise.

A:  David's Answer:  If the judicial consent was done in court, it depends one whether the father was properly allocuted by the Judge as well as his purported basis to vacate the consent. One cannot render a definitive opinion over o forum like this, which is why you should bring your paperwork - as well as the transcript of the allocution - to a Westchester Family Law attorney at a consultation.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment