Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My husband and I have been living together for 4 years. Over the years, his ex-wife has made two allegations that suggest that

Q:  My husband and I have been living together for 4 years. Over the years, his ex-wife has made two allegations that suggest that I beat my step son. She has full custody of him, because she asked and my husband agreed to this. My husband picks him up from school every evening, around 6:30pm, we both help him with his homework and ensure he has his dinner. Most times I am not there, because I work late. He basically spends about 1 hour and a half to two hours a day. He spends some weekends with us, most of these weekends are when we attend family functions, so we're basically not at home a lone alot. This last week, started calling and texting my husband saying that she is going to take me to court, she says that I beat her our son everytime he is over at our home. what can I do?


A:  David's Answer:   There's little you can do to prevent someone from filing a report or petition against you, but you certainly can marshal a defense. The defense will depend on the nature of the allegations when made. I'd also suggest to communicate back (via your husband) and in a business-like fashion ask to sit down as a family & discuss the issues and also ask for specifics of her accusations (dates/times, etc.). Call a Family Law attorney in your area to schedule a consult.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment