Monday, January 21, 2013

What is pro rata maintenance?

Q: Im in the process of divorce. I presently have custody of my two children. My husband has move out of the home. My lawyer just informed me that i have to pay my husband temporary pro rata maintenance because i make more money? What does this mean?


A: David's Answer: Merely because you make more doesn't necessarily mean you would pay maintenance. I agree with the prior poster you sent you the calculator link - a worksheet is also available: http://www.courts.state.ny.us/divorce/TMG-Works.... Your attorney should discuss with you, however, the likelihood this will happen, especially when contrasted with the child support he'll likely pay as well as assets each of you may have in your names.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Co. divorce lawyer (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment