First, very unlikely INS will appear in court. You always have the option of mailing a copy of the decision to them, but if he's illegal that's an independent basis to deport him (i.e., they won't need to added evidence of him not paying child support). In terms of collecting child support from him, if that's your aim, you may actually do yourself a disservice if he's deported, as then it will be even harder to track him down & get him to pay. There are a variety of methods of getting someone to pay, such as freezing bank accounts & entering a garnishment on contractor wages (if he's a 1099).  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Support lawyer (