Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I am the petitioner and have my first hearing for child support coming up Do i have to fill out all question?

on my financial disclosure sheet there is a section where it asks me income of other members in my house hold.. If I leave that section blank, will it be an issue ? Am i obligated to fill this part out
Asked about 20 hours ago in Child Support


David’s answer: The real question would be: is there a good reason not to disclose it? If not, you should put it down. While some people do not initially disclose it, if there's an attorney on the other side, s/he will probably catch the non-disclosure & ask that it be disclosed anyway. It really only becomes relevant on issues such as that other person contributing more than 50% of household expenses and/or if combined parental income exceeds the statutory cap (as of this writing, $136,000)  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support lawyer (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment