It is certainly an argument you can make to modify the agreement, though if the agreement doesn't spell out that he must take vacation time during that period, then the agreement itself is vague. The agreement probably should be modified to say that if the father is deployed, then his visitation is cancelled or re-scheduled to an alternate make-up date.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody lawyer (