Friday, January 4, 2013

Hi, My daughter is living with me for a year can I stop my child support for that year?

Q: she is 10 and Im working a getting custody from my home state of North Carolina

A: David's Answer: Yes, but if there was a prior court order, you will need to file a petition in court to stop the support. You can also file your own petition seeking support from the other parent. There may also be jurisdictional issues (i.e., where you're allowed to file the applications), so I highly suggest you make a follow-up appointment to consult a Bronx Co. Child Support lawyer.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Support Attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment