Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Family court electronic testimony for child support

what is considered audio visual? would that be skype or cam. Also i dont live in the same state, can i send copies of my documents for disclosure or do they need originals the reason i ask is because it states that it has to be signed by a notary public

David’s answer: "Audio-Visual" technically means both hearing you & seeing you. However, in most instances, giving "electronic" testimony means testifying over the phone. Usually in a child support proceeding, you must designate where you will give the testimony, which in most instances is the SCU in your state, or a notary public or lawyer's office. Additionally, you should strive to send them the originals - I suggest to send them to the Clerk's Office via certified mail, return receipt. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support lawyer (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment