If it is just a PINS petition & there is no juvenile delinquency case against her, then the Judge would not have authority to send her to secure detention. You should definitely hire a good Family Law attorney in your area you has experience in PINS/JD cases.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)