Friday, January 25, 2013

Still married for six year but having see my husband for four year dont know where he is or what to do.

Q: We got marring in baltimore in 06 that is where we used to like and in late 08to 09he was gone and i move to ny he is an american born in philadephia

A: David's Answer: You may file in New York, but if he lives out-of-state there may ultimately be a jurisdictional issue. That said, he would usually need to contest on the issue of jurisdiction before it would pose a problem. The larger problem is locating him - which may entail hiring a private investigator to do a diligent search.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Divorce lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment