Tuesday, December 11, 2012

So im 17 years old, i turn 18 in 10 months, i want to know the process on how i can possible get emancipated?

Q:  so my mother abuses me, emotionally, and on some occasions even physically, i understand that sometime you as a parent have to discpline your child, but she does it over the top, me and her argue every single day. she doesnt support me on my college work, and i just cant deal with her any more and this has been going on for about 4 years now, i do hold a steady job, and i am currently on track to graduate in june 2013 , what do i need to be able to emancipate my self
David’s answer: If you have graduated from high school, as you imply, then you can simply move out. Be sure to report the emancipation to your financial aid office, as there may be a form to fill out to obtain additional financial aid.  -- David Bliven  

No comments:

Post a Comment