Friday, December 14, 2012

Can I file a case against the CPS workers for violating state regulations?

Q: They keep having me do the same programs again: I relapsed twice I did a fatherhood course and completed a drug program. This was in my disposition when I discussed this with my attorney his counsel was ineffective and when I asked him about putting in a motion he said it would be frivolous. CPS keep implementing these programs already completed 

David’s answer: If you completed a drug program already, they generally cannot require you to complete a 2d program. You would not necessarily have a lawsuit against CPS/ACS however. Your much better approach at this point would be to consult with a Bronx Co. Family Law attorney about filing a petition to modify disposition and/or a petition to terminate placement.  -- David Bliven

No comments:

Post a Comment