Saturday, December 8, 2012

If a man is disabled but is having a hard time getting SSI, and he owes $15,000 in child support, what can he do?

Q: My nephew is disabled for a number of years now. He worked for a while before his back went out and he had surgery but is no better. SSI denied him benefits and he owes $15,000 in back child support, what can he do?

David’s answer: If he was denied SSI/SSD, then he can try to either apply for NYS disabilty, or alternatively if he cannot find a job then he must apply for public assistance. If he cannot get P.A., then he's best advised to make his best efforts to find a job within his limitations.  -- David Bliven

No comments:

Post a Comment