There are certain forms connected with an adoption which generally MUST be completed by an attorney. You can always check with the Clerk's Office, or consult NYS Court System's website. However, at the least, I encourage you to schedule a consultation with a Westchester Family Law attorney (some of whom offer free consultations).  --  David Bliven