Saturday, December 8, 2012

How much should a father who is making 9.00 an hour pay for child support?

Q: only make $9.00 an hour. My support was 50 a week. The baby's mother said it wasn't enough and took me back to court. The judge lower the payments. In her anger, she took me back to court and the magistrate increased it to 99.00 per week. I cannot afford to pay that much money. My salary is very low. I do the best I can for my son, as a matter of fact, I was paying her support and she still took me to court and this is when the first judge lowered the payment. Now , without an increase in my salary, the payment has doubled. Please advise. I cannot afford to pay a lawyer

A: David's Answer: My question is whether you do any overtime? If you do, all income counts for child support. If you know your total income, you can determine what the proper amount should be via this website:  Additionally, you should be aware that you only have 30 days to file an Objection Appeal to the Magistrate's decision, so you must move fast. Even if you can't afford to hire a lawyer, it's nonetheless wise to schedule a consultation to discuss whether it's worth it for you to file the appeal.  -- David Bliven

No comments:

Post a Comment