Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How do I file a case against my son's school when his mother's name comes up as respondent in family court files?

Q: I want to enforce the existing court order about "free and unhampered access" which the school has denied, but the official court order only has his mother as the respondent.

David’s answer: First, depending on which school we're talking about, I'd suggest to set-up a meeting with the principal or superintendant & show them the certified court order. If they then refuse to abide by the order, you may ultimately need to commence an Article 78 proceeding in Supreme Court asking the Judge to order them to comply. That said, prior to rendering a definitive opinion, I'd prefer to see the order as well as what exact information you're looking to receive.  -- David Bliven (

No comments:

Post a Comment