Saturday, December 8, 2012

I would like to know if I can see or contact my children if they are 16 and 17, but have been adopted?

Q: How can I find out if I still have restraining order and if I don't can I see them or contact them or call them or write to them? Or would I get arrested? Do I have to wait a certain period of time?

A: David's Answer: To see whether you have an order of protection, you must go to the Family Court which originally had the termination case to verify same. If you do not, then whether any contact would be permitted is up to the adoptive parent. That said, it's unlikely s/he would permit such contact.  --  David Bliven

No comments:

Post a Comment