Friday, December 21, 2012

"can i file a restraining order against my husband's mistress that he lives with who keeps interfering with me & our relationship?

Q: he tells me he's coming back home but she is angry and he's confused as to what to do. She wants him to keep talking to her on the phone even if he comes back home. 

David’s answer: The law was recently amended to allow a person to file for an order of protection in Family Court with whom they have a "intimate relationship" with. Because you are neither related to the paramour nor yourself have an intimate relationship with her, it would be your Husband who would need to file for an order of protection against her if you choose to proceed in Family Court. Your only other remedy would appear to be to call the police & report it as harassment.  -- David Bliven (

No comments:

Post a Comment