Thursday, December 20, 2012

Can i serve family court papers through the mail?

Q: i dont have anyone to serve visitation papers and i cant afford to pay to do it 

David’s answer: The short answer is that the papers must be personally served on the opposing party. If you cannot arrange for a friend or family member (who is not expected to be a witness in the case itself) to serve, then another option is to ask the NYC Sheriff's Office to perform the service ( Their fee is about half the cost of a regular process server.  -- David Bliven ( 

No comments:

Post a Comment