Saturday, April 26, 2014

While living with my MIL, her landlord ordered her to get a restraining order to get my husband and myself out of the apartment.

Q:  She was renting to us illegally, as her rent was frozen based upon a lie that she lived alone and was protected by a govt. agency due to that falsehood. Can we sue her or her landlord for issuing a false restraining order?

A:  David's Answer:  Did she file for the restraining order in criminal court or family court? The best way to defend against the order is to hire a good lawyer & get the case dismissed. If the case was filed in criminal court, consult a criminal defense lawyer. If it's in family court, call a Family Law attorney in your area for a consult.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment