Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What is the best way to prove your whereabouts if you live alone? I had a warrant issued for breaking Order of Protection?

Q:  So I have been accused of going to the house of a person who has an order of protection against me. However, I never went to the house or do I even drive close to it because I don't want to get accused of getting close. My ex girlfriends new boyfriend completed a witness statement saying I was walking up the driveway and said words to him. I did not leave my house that day at all but live by myself. How do I prove that I was at home? The whole story is a fabrication and even my Public Defender does not believe me. Please help.

A:  David's Answer:  If you had a cell phone, consider a subpoena to the cell phone company for the GPS records for your phone (all such phones have internal GPS mechanisms). If there is one common route between your house & the other house, consider a subpoena for traffic cameras or security cameras which may be positioned along the route. Speak to an attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment