Saturday, April 12, 2014

Violating a order of protection

Q:  If a petitioner get a three way call from the respondant stating they is sorry and don't want to get in trouble they just want to see they child and the petitioner brings their child in common to a correctional facility to visit the respondent, continued communication with the respondent through mail telphone calls and other family members. What will be the out come now that the petitioner is being harrassed by respondent family members and significant other?

A:  David's Answer:  You should communicate with the relatives in writing that their continued communications at least in the manner they're conducting them - is considered harassment by you & they should cease-and-desist. Copy the letter to the respondent. If they persist, file a violation petition (assuming the order prevents third-party contact). Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment