Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Were is the law drawn when it comes to punishing your child. Is there a web site will tell me what I can/ cant do for punishment

Q:  Just got pulled in to school child didn't like the punishment ( I grabbed her hand to pull her out of the chair) she then went to school and complained it hurt, when she reported it she also complained now she is scared of me along with her other two sisters. I'm now being investigated by DSS. Am I allowed to spank them not beat them I know the difference. The DSS worker is telling me to let them walk all over me and just call the cops. I need to know the rights I have as a parent how to control my children along with reasonable punishments.


A:  David's Answer:  The issue will ultimately be whether you caused an injury or left a mark (i.e., a bruise). Even if you did not, but a medical professional opines that the manner in which you disciplined the child was substantially likely to cause an injury, the report may at the least be "indicated." One resource you may consult is here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/acs/downloads/pdf/state.... You're also best advised to consult a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment