Saturday, April 12, 2014

An unmarried couple with a child in common living together in a family relationship in Westchester County, NY.. The child's

Q:  father is the legal homeowner and will seek custody of the child because the mother is a chronic alcoholic. The relationship cannot be saved. Rehab and therapy have not worked. Can the mother be ordered or evicted from the home if she is not willing to leave voluntarily?

A:  David's Answer:  Yes - the homeowner would need to give due notice of the eviction and then start a summary eviction proceeding in civil court. Simultaneous to same he should file for custody. The father should schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment