Wednesday, April 23, 2014

When do i have to mail affidavit?

Q:  My first court was a few days ago. A temporary order was made and we are going back in 8 weeks. The judge told me to mail a copy of my affidavit to my exs lawyer- thats after i asked him what to do with it. Is there a time period i should send it? I honestly dont want to send it all early and give her lawyer time to find something wrong w it and screw me. Is there a time limit to which when i have to mail it?


A:  David's Answer:  The answer to your question depends on exactly what you're mailing. If it's not a petition or a cross-petition, then generally "interlocutory" documents may be mailed to the attorney of record. In terms of the time frame, one would need to know whether its responsive to a motion, when your court date is and/or whether the Judge gave you any deadlines. Speak further with a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment