Saturday, April 26, 2014

I want to know if i can file some kind of order against my evil stepmother she lives in the same house i do.

Q:  Hi! i rent a room in my brothers house 2nd floor,in this same house my father brother and the EVIL STEPMOTHER who is obsessed with me,she for some reason will not leave me alone,she talks about me online,she will listen to my phone calls,she knows when i have some place to go and call that place and tell them some kind of lie about me,she calls my doctor and tells them i am taking drugs,my father is disabled and his mind is that of a child,she will get mad at him until he agrees to support a bad lie about me.I cant move at this time,i was forced out of my house by my abusive wife,i am disabled,can i file some kind order against the EVIL STEPMOTHER.

A:  David's Answer:  You can only file for a restraining order (i.e., order of protection) if you're prepared to allege & prove she's committed some form of domestic violence. On the facts you've presented thus far, it doesn't appear you have a case. Speak to a Family Law attorney in your area for more info  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment