Saturday, April 12, 2014

The custodial parent will not provide the Social Security numbers to the non-custodial parent. How do I compel her to?

Q:  I need these to file a NYS Non Custodial parent income credit.

A:  David's Answer:  Unless there is an agreement or order to the contrary, then the custodial parent always gets the tax deduction for the child per IRS regulations. If the CP does not agree to same, you'll need to file a petition & ask for an order allowing you to claim the deduction. Speak to a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment