Thursday, April 17, 2014

Do I have to comnunicate via text or online?

Q:  My daughters father has been non existent for the last two months. He never asked about her that entire time when he texted he would just start a fight. He had always used his girlfriends phone or facebook to contact me. Do I have to respond to the texts and messages from her phone or facebook or can I tell him the only way I will talk to him about her is via a phone call. If we went back to court would I get in trouble for not responding and telling him ill only communicate via phone calls?

A:  David's Answer:  If he cannot conduct himself civilly via text, then I don't think it would pose a problem to tell him to either communicate with you over the phone or e-mail from now on (though e-mail is preferable in such a volatile situation). Speak with a Family Law attorney in your area for more info.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment