Saturday, April 26, 2014

Can custodial parent serve me with uncovered medical bills at my work place?

Q:  I have child support order from California court and I live in upstate NY. I pay my child support on time. The custodial parent of my kid has been serving the uncovered medical bills and day care bills at my work place using some private process server. She can easily mail me the receipts at my mailing address but she is not doing that . Is there a way to stop being served with papers on a regular basis at work? Frankly its embarrassing to be called by HR and front desk every time this guy shows up in my company. Is there a way I can stop this process server from showing up at work? I mean after all it's not court ordered.

A:  David's Answer:  It's certainly not nice, but whether it's a violation would depend on an interpretation of CA law. You should consult a CA Family Law attorney on the question.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment