Saturday, April 26, 2014

Where can I get a "certificat de coutume et de célibat"?

Q:  I'm marrying a French Citizen in France, and the Mairie calls for "certificat de coutume et de célibat". I need to mail these to my fiancee to get married. Where can I obtain these legal documents?

A:  David's Answer:  I'd say . . . . France (?). Surely extremely few NY lawyers would be equipped to answer this question - you're best advised to contact a Family Law attorney in France.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment