Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Is there financial assistance for women in domestic violence to be able to move out of state?

Q:  Why I ask I live in domestic violence and there is nothing available here in NY(I an talking immediate help, Onondaga has nothing available either), I have been looking to move out of state but because I am in domestic violence and financially controlled and isolated I can not get anyone to help or to listen. Is there any resources for women who live in domestic violence to move to another state and get help on a down payment? Also note I am disabled and can not work and on SSI(live on very little being married which also don't help)

A:  David's Answer:  You may be able to apply to the court for maintenance (i.e., alimony) payments if you are married to your abuser. I also suggest that you consult the following resources: You may also schedule a consult with a family law attorney in your area. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment